This is my collection of crafts and artworks, some of which done by myself... some by other very talented people

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Dress Diary 3 -Construction Begins

The fabric arrived, my mannequin got home safely and I'm only waiting on two things but they are not needed until later on in the construction so I have no reason to worry there.

Clearly I'm rather happy about getting this under way - having finally narrowed down my choices into my final design and hopefully the result will be as visually pleasing as it is in my head and yet still there is a very long way to go into achieving such an end product.

I am not using a premade pattern for the skirt, however I am altering a pattern for the corset as stated.

The work first began on the skirt and whilst this will not be a step by step guide of how I created it I will comment on any negative and positive thoughts and tribulations I encounter along the way. This is a diary after all.

Here are the two main fabrics I am using;

Sadly the photos do not do the fabric justice.
I think they suit the project very well.

I have started shaping the garment and basting it together as well as hand basting the ruffles ready to attach.











This is as far as I have got so far. Thus no problems at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment