This is my collection of crafts and artworks, some of which done by myself... some by other very talented people

Thursday 19 April 2012

Dress diary part 2 - gathering the pieces

Today I picked up my new dressmakers dummy and I'm super happy about it. No more pinning fabric to myself when making gowns. This should make it easier to get the design I want as I'm not using a pattern for the skirt part of the dress.

The postman must be getting so very annoyed with me, I had a lot of rather gorgeous lace appliqués arrive in the post, all for the corset part of the outfit.

For the corset I decided to go for a more comfortable 16" waist and I'm using a rather curvy hourglass pattern which I am redrafting to fit properly.
Descisions have gone against having a busk or front fastening so it will be a closed fronted corset with a black closed lace neck corset to match. I'm really lookin forward to getting started now. A few more items to arrive and it will all be underway.

I dug out my 6 steel hoop round crinoline ( sadly I doubt I would of had the time to make a new authentic walking cage)

More updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment